Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Power Leveling for Guilds


 
 
 
 
 
 
Jim’s reply to his reader at Power Word: Gold regarding Guild Banks for storage got me to thinking about power leveling guilds.  Now, let me start there are a couple of caveats to put this post into practice and I’ll cover them in just a bit.  But this may be a good way to get your guild leveled to at least level three and maybe further.  What I’m going to show you is how to get at least twice the amount of guild XP in the same amount of time.
 

There’s only a week left to Hallow’s End.  But what a sweet week it is since Blizz just put the Battle Chest on sale for $5 (October 22 through 28, 2012) and that includes all the way up to Wrath of the Lich King!  So, it’s time to get to work!
 
First, this is ideal if you have a two person flying mount like the Obsidian Nightwing or the X-53 Touring Rocket but they’re not absolutely necessary.  Second, you need a character who can travel all around Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor (Outland, Northrend and Pandaria too if they’re high enough level, but again it’s not absolutely necessary).  Death Knights work best for this after they’ve completed the starting questline.  Lastly, having a basic knowledge of dual-boxing is necessary unless you’ve got a friend you can work this strategy with.  If you don’t have a basic knowledge of dual-boxing or don’t even know what dual-boxing is or if you just want to see a cool video, check out Swifty’s video guide to dual-boxing.  Yeah, he plays alliance but he’s still a pretty cool dude so we’ll forgive him.

Now, the strategy… The Candy Bucket quests found at nearly every inn rewards XP for both the character and the guild.  What I’ve been doing is creating new toons and inviting them to my guild (I have an alt account and dual-box to do this with which is why it’s so great that the battle chest is on sale) and then I fly them on my Obsidian Nightwing around Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Outland and Northrend to complete the Candy Bucket quests.  This is somewhat of a long process, so Jim’s advice to use a starting toon and just level them to level 15 in the starting areas may be better.  I’ve been going after The Hallowed title, so it’s kinda on my way.  Having an account linked under recruit-a-friend can make this process a little faster as you can use Summon Friend to speed things up a bit.

Also, if you want to apply Jim’s advice and you have another account, you can level two characters or more at a time via dual-boxing.  The only limit here is your skill level with dual-boxing and the number of accounts you can afford to have.

Ok, I’m done writing for now.  I’ve got to go get my guild up to level 25!  Glad I could help!

No comments:

Post a Comment